Friday, April 3, 2009

5 Tibetans and a Woman

In those after yoga moments, I would want to write about those hands for days.
And those other parts, piece by piece.
Reduce you to a sum after I turn me down to simmer.

All of them?
What
could you possibly
say about my
kidneys
you’d ask.
(so much)

In those after-yoga moments; the ones I am forgoing now in place of newer moments involving real touch and not pseudo-feeling, you are finally here –
well in there, while I am here, because you cannot expect me to write you with accuracy if you watch –
and suddenly you are here. The fans have told me it is time to prepare. In two swirls, I hear the water and with it, the door. Hall on. Haul off.
Those toes, without pit (pat) meet the floor in creaks from old bones or old wood and you want to sleep (it is late) and I want to write (it is late) and this right here is the root of our fundamental difference.

Lay still
and I will paint you
in fine ink
with fine letters on
expensive
parchment.

In those after-yoga moments [I am the mourning] when I lay heavy and breathing
(belly, belly, belly)
corpselike but warm and still breathing
(chest - no, BELLY, BELLY)
I think about nothing – the gravity of the situation, the sweat beginning to form but frozen in that moment after conception and pre-birth; the water has broken but still no baby – and in nothing I think about her [the knight]
a satellite (two buttons & hello) away working, drinking, being (doing) and me just breathing
(belly. belly.)
against the music.

You say
you’d prefer
if I did it
with ball-point
bank pen (blue)
on a napkin.
You are practical.
I am internally
extravagant.

In those after-yoga moments, I give my self for parchment. I write in red ink between vain lines,
calling out to Greek gods as Christ has abandoned me to the sin (say some)
Hark! Calliope, Erato, Polyhymnia, Euterpe!
calling out to the earth as the Greeks have abandoned me to the folklore
Exalt! Sun, Moon, Fox, Rabbit!
calling out to me in my temple as nature has burned me
meditations on an ohm to channel Kundalini

And I say those words blaspheme
Helios, eros, Persephone, Artemis
These, my new friends,
Tree, Water, Fire, Ground.
You need more,
I say.
You are confused.
(it is late)

No comments: